From the June 2005 Idaho Observer:
America’s death by a thousand cuts
Following is one of the most graphic ilustrations of what is really happening to America—not at the level where ruthless men carve our country up into little pieces for their own profit and entertainment—where real Americans go to school, work, play and try to make a decent life for themselves and their families. Our nation is bleeding to death and, rather than take measures intended to stop the flow, "our" leaders are rubbing salt in the existing wounds while wielding their political knives to cut us even more.
by Frosty Wooldridge
Have you ever cut your finger while slicing an onion? How about a scrape on your elbow when you fell? Ever suffer sunburn? What happened when you suffered a bloody nose? Have you ever cut a major artery where you could have bled to death?
Today, America bleeds to death by a thousand cuts. We’re bleeding from every sector of our society. At some point, the United States of America cannot and will not survive the bleeding. Why? Take a look.
* Each day, Americans burn 20 million barrels (55 gallons per barrel) of oil in their cars, but we import over half of that oil from other countries.
Therefore, that’s $2.25 per gallon X 55=$123.75 X 10,000,000 barrels, which equals $1,237,500,000 we pay other countries daily. That’s money that never returns to America. It’s like America cutting its wrist. Meanwhile, we have NO energy conservation policy in America.
* Last year, the trade deficit totaled $618 billion according to The New York Times. It’s expected to exceed $700 billion in 2005. That’s money going out that isn’t coming into America.
* Brian Williams of NBC stated that the Federal deficit will grow another $383 billon in 2006. Do you feel your pocketbook bleeding?
* What about American enterprise? Recently, General Motors and Ford suffered their demotion to Junk Bonds. Ironically, China’s Yuan is undervalued because it’s tied to the American dollar, but the Yuan will jump when it is ultimately pegged to the Euro.
Soon, the Euro will become the new standard for exchange as it displaces the dollar on the international money markets. But, if GM and Ford collapse, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois will become basket cases because most of their jobs involve the auto industry.
* In the high tech jobs arena, the H-1B, H-2B and L-1 visas were given to over 1,000,000 foreigners to displace American workers. Who is responsible? Your congressman and senators! Go to www.numbersusa.com and check out the report card on your senators or congressmen and you’ll see that most of them have earned an "F."
*The hemorrhaging accelerates when you realize that our Federal debt stands at $7.4 trillion. We pay over $600 million a day in interest payments. Bush bumped the debt ceiling by $800 million at the first of the year while borrowing $1.6 billion daily from foreign investors. Their interest rates bleed us further.
Is the fabulously wealthy George Bush paying that interest? No, you are! The rich get richer and you get poorer. Further, you, the average American with a credit card, carry an average $8,000 balance (debt) on your credit card. That equals $2 trillion in consumer debt according to CBS News. Added to that bleeding, you’re paying 18 percent APR on that credit card debt.
* For more bleeding, over 20 million illegals siphon off $68 billion annually out of your taxpayer pocket as they use our schools, welfare, medical care and other services. Folks, they’re not just picking lettuce anymore. They’re taking jobs away from Americans.
Harvard economics Professor George Borjas showed that illegal aliens displace American workers out of $200 billion in lost wages annually. We’re not talking about a financial nose bleed—we’re talking slashed arteries!
All the while, according to a recent Bears and Sterns report, illegals work off the books to the tune of $400 billion annually in uncollected taxes. Who makes up that money? You do with the blood, sweat and tears from your working legally in your country.
What are the consequences? For starters California with three million illegals stands at $38 billion in debt and last year 86 hospitals and ER wards were bankrupted. Every single state in America is under horrific financial crisis because of unpaid taxes by illegals and their massive liabilities. What makes it worse, over three million illegals add their illegal working hands to the U.S. workforce annually. Feel your life blood draining?
*Home foreclosures and personal bankruptcies stand at an all time high for American citizens.
* How about the $80 billion annual price for the ongoing $30 billion Drug War that has solved nothing?
* What about the price of a home today that has doubled in 20 years?
* How about the $128 billion in cash leaving the USA annually to pay for the drugs coming across the Mexican border?
* How about $81 billion just appropriated for the Iraq War?
In the meantime, this Congress and president promote outsourcing, insourcing and offshoring of millions of jobs out of America in a bloodbath that is cutting the Middle Class in the jugular.
* America’s working poor can’t find jobs at a living wage—so—what happens? They stand in welfare lines and beg for food stamps. Feel the financial bloody laceration?
* Additionally, illegal aliens send over $56 billion back to their home countries each year. In other words, they are slashing and slicing the Golden Goose. Over $15 billion bleeds to Mexico, $25 billion to South America and $16 billion to Asia.
How does that feel when you fill out your annual income tax filing—that is, if you have a job that pays a living wage?
* Last year, America suffered a $230 billion trade deficit with China. Right now, China is licking its chops as they sell us billions in goods but buy nothing from us in return.
Why? Because we’ve lost our manufacturing base which means we have nothing to sell. In fact, China aims to surpass Japan in total manufacturing output by 2015. By that time, the United States won’t have anything to sell anyone in the world.
How long can we keep spending money we don’t have?
Where does that leave you and me? How about boiling to death in a caldron that is melting down our ability to function as a society? We’re adding SUCH insane debt, we can’t pay it off.
* We’re on the edge of a financial cliff with no safety net.
* We’re playing with fire that will burn us to death.
* Our Middle Class is headed for the Low Class.
* Our working poor are headed for welfare lines while illegals do the jobs that Americans would do for a living wage, but can’t because illegal aliens depress wages and steal jobs. What happens when another 20 million breach our borders and take even more of our jobs?
Stop the bleeding
How long can we allow our leaders to take us down this path to self destruction?
America is in deep trouble. We need to replace 33 senators in the 2006 elections because they are deadwood. We need to replace the House of Representatives in that same election with men and women who will change course. We need to promote statesmen like Tom Tancredo for President of the United States. Go to
to get the ball rolling in your state.
If we don’t change the captain and crew of the Titanic, we’ll end up like the Titanic.
Author/lecturer Frosty Wooldridge can be heard every Thursday evening 10 p.m. PT on Mark Edwards’ "Wake Up America" talk show on 50,000 watt KDWN-Am-720, Las Vegas or via live Internet stream on the American Voice Radio Network at www.americanvoiceradio.com
Frosty’s latest book "Immigration’s Unarmed Invasion—Deadly Consequences" is a critical analysis of U.S. immigration policy on the southern border. Email Frosty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2005 Frosty Wooldridge - All Rights Reserved
(This article originally published online at www.newswithviews.com, a daily digest of news from a pro-American perspective).
Home - Current Edition
Advertising Rate Sheet
About the Idaho Observer
Some recent articles
Some older articles
Why we're here
Corrections and Clarifications
Vaccination Liberation - vaclib.org
The Idaho Observer
P.O. Box 457
Spirit Lake, Idaho 83869